The Trenton Historical Society is offering, for a fee, limited look-up services.
Right now we are offering 4 different services:
- Copies of obituaries that appeared in a Trenton newspaper, if you supply the date. You can find on-line obituary indexes for the years 1901-1933, 1983-1986, and parts of other years at: http://trentonhistory.org/Exp/Obits.html
- Searches of Trenton City Directories, one name for a 10-year period. Directories were published in 1845 (businesses only), 1854, 1857, 1859; then annually or semi-annually from 1865 to 1939 & 1945 to 1971.
- High quality photocopies of images from Trenton High School Yearbooks. On-line listing of some Trenton yearbooks are available at: http://www.trentonhistory.org/Exp/HSYearBooks.htm
- THS accepts limited historical and genealogical research requests. Once a research request is submitted, a THS researcher will contact you and provide an estimate of how much time your request should take to fulfill. Please be advised that the Trenton Historical Society does not identify or appraise pottery pieces.
Also note that at this time, Mercer Cemetery is not open to the public so we are unable to respond to requests that would require a visit to the cemetery.
While we will attempt to promptly fill any order, significant delays may occur. All these materials are copied by volunteers who access them through visits to the Trentoniana Room of the Trenton Public Library which has limited hours.
1. Copies of obituaries that appeared in a Trenton newspaper. $8.00 each
2. Searches of Trenton City Directories. $10.00 each
3. Photocopies from Trenton High School Yearbooks. $7.00 each
Or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a check made out to the Trenton Historical Society to:
Trenton Historical Society
P.O. Box 1112
Trenton, NJ 08606
- For obituaries include the name & complete date (month, day, year) of the obituary and a check for $8;
- For a directory search specify the 10-year time period, the surname and make the check out for $10;
- For a yearbook photo list the graduate’s name & the yearbook name & date and include $7.
- For research requests, including genealogy and general Trenton history, please provide as much information as possible and an image, if available. The fee for research requests is $15/hr, with a one hour minimum. After submitting a request, a THS researcher will provide an estimate of the time it will take to complete the research.
Sorry we’re not doing census look-ups, or tax & employee records. Any questions email, firstname.lastname@example.org